Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finished!

Now, don't get too excited. I'm not finished finished. Just getting there. Yesterday I finished my last class of my undergraduate degree! I do have a whole semester ahead, but no real classes just an internship and a class that goes a long with that. So classes are finished!
I was taking a child welfare and families class...which (shockingly) was all about child welfare. It focused a lot on definitions of different child abuses, legal definitions, treatment/intervention, prevention measures, and how the legal system works. I really enjoyed it because it was so in line with what I will be doing in just over a week (so soon!). It felt really good to be learning something and think "I will be doing this in less than a month". Needless to say, I am getting very excited to start my internship (and slightly nervous, which is normal I think). One really cool thing that we did in my class is create Public Service Announcements. PSAs are used to raise awareness to some issue or a program. Mine was raising awareness on the amount of abuse that occurs and also what you can do to help. So I thought I would let you all see it and let you know what you should do if you think a child is getting abused or neglected. Here is a link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ysWkGHTpo
I will be starting my internship next week (Monday January 28) and prayers are much appreciated as I start a new and stressful adventure. I will give you more information when I know more information...which will probably not be until I actually start. I do know that I will be doing some training before I will actually get to do anything, and I do not know what that will involve or how long it will be. There are so many unknowns about my internship, but I am still really excited to get my feet wet and start working! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment