Thursday, June 6, 2013

The End, or is it The Beginning?

Well it happened. That's right, I graduated! I am official done with school for the foreseeable future (but not forever). And it was such a wonderful weekend. Not only did my parents and sister come down for my graduation, but so did some of my good Canadian friends. They came down and surprised me! And what a great surprise it was! Here are some awesome pictures!

The wonderful people cheering me on, including my adopted grandparents and some Canadians! 
Here are some pictures of me, graduating with the highest honors with a Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Psychology



And of course, it would all be meaningless without the amazing support of my friends and family!
The Canadians!

Most of the amazing people, both from Kansas and from Canada, who poured into my life over the years

Sisters!

The most amazing prof ever!

And of course, the family!
And one last picture of all the most amazing people in my life. I couldn't do it without you all!


I am so excited to be graduated and discovering all the new things in life (now that everything is not about school). A few days after graduating, the family packed everything up and made our way back to the wonderful BC with a stop along the way in Yellowstone. A week after that day, I was finally back in Surrey, BC with no plans to leave again for a significant time (unless of course a job takes me outside of the lower mainland, which is entirely possible). Now I am once again learning to live here and looking for my first ever "real job". I realized yesterday that this will be the first summer in 6 years that I will not be working at a camp (and yes, I am already having some withdrawals).

What kind of job am I looking for? Well, entry level social work jobs appear to be hard to come by at the moment. My ideal job (though "ideal" is difficult to define at this moment) would be working with children and families in some capacity, coming along side them and strengthening them. That said, most of the jobs I have applied for so far are more along the lines of residential work (think at risk youth or homelessness or mental health needs in adults). If you hear of anything, please please PLEASE let me know!

I appreciate all of you who have been praying for me or supporting me in any way. And I appreciate you all keeping up with this blog! And even though this blog was really just intended to keep people up to date while I was living in Kansas, I will continue to sporadically update it because the adventures never end. Who knows where my yellow brick road will lead to now. After all, the end is really just a new beginning, and I have  a lot of life left to live. Your continuing prayers and support mean the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment