Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March Madness

No, not the basketball kind. I am too Canadian to really enjoy basketball. Though I have watched a couple of games...but only because I was hanging out with friends who wanted to watch the games and I wanted to hang out with them. But, regardless of basketball, I have had a very busy and fun March. Of course I worked a lot in my internship (see previous posts for some updates) but I also had some other good times. So here it goes, in pictures of course.

First, at the end of February was my roommate Julia's birthday (I know this is not technically March but that is okay). Whitney and I were feeling creative and we made her an epic cake.
Yes those are pigs, yes they are edible, yes we made them
You may or may not have seen on Facebook some random pictures of me. My neighbor, who goes to Tabor, is in a photography class and for an assignment he needed to take some pictures of someone. So I volunteered to be his model. Here are some of my favorites:










At the end of the month was my 23rd birthday. Okay, by the end of the month I mean my birthday was the first day of April. BUT I celebrated it at the end of the month because Good Friday was a holiday. So some friends of mine got together and we drove to Topeka (the state capitol which is 2 hours away) for the day. We went the zoo, a train museum (which was closed), the capitol building, and had dinner at Red Lobster.

Watching the gorilla chill

Some friendly elephants

we are that cool


An attack Flamingo. I have that face because he was threatening to bite me

Roommates!

Just hanging out on the tracks

Just hanging out on the steps of the Capitol Building

Our so called "band" photo

Candid shot!

Jump!
Okay, I am almost done. I thought the weekend in Topeka would be the end of my birthday, but it wasn't. On my actual birthday some friends surprised me with a birthday cake!
 And last, but certainly not least, I had a Skype date with my parents and sister and opening my present from them. And it was a Canucks' Jersey! KESLER!! Now I can support my team in style. (and hopefully one of these days Kesler comes back)




No comments:

Post a Comment